Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Butcher block

My dear Mom has always been of the belief that knives are never for gift-giving and I'm fairly certain that others are of a similar mindset, or at least generation. But as my sister discovered with her wedding gift registry, sometimes a knife is all you need. For Henry and I, with the exception of one paring knife, the knives that inhabit our residence are anything but sharp. And oddly enough, we also have a pair of durable kitchen scissors my Mom gave us last Christmas, they're probably the sharpest. This is a problem. Cutting meat alone is a grand task for any knife. For Turducken, something homemade and possibly delicate the sharpest knife in the drawer will be required. As to not disturb the precisely placed alternating layers of poultry and stuffing this knife must be able to slice with the greatest of ease. So here I go, another step on the journey to Turducken, in search of a knife sharpener.

No comments: